The Academy Council of St Joseph’s have a general responsibility for the management of the school but do not take decisions about its day to day running. This responsibility lies with the Headteacher.
The Academy Council consists of six Foundation Governors, two Parent Governors and two Staff Governors. The term of office for Foundation Governors is three years and for all other Governors is four years.
The Bishop of Leeds has the right to appoint Foundation Governors onto the Academy Council. Parents, including carers, of registered pupils at the school are eligible to stand for election for Parent Governorship at the school. Staff Governors are elected by the school staff and must be paid to work at the school.
The Academy Council has specific responsibilities in a number of areas including:
- Catholic ethos of the school;
- Curriculum and conduct of the school;
- Children with Special Educational Needs (SEN);
- Overseeing the school budget;
- Appointments and disciplinary procedure in regards to staff;
- Admissions, discipline and attendance of pupils;
- Community and parish use of the school.
Any parent who wishes to contact the Chair of Governors may do so in writing, sending letters care of the school address.
Mrs D Gaskin
Foundation Representative (Chair)
Mrs L Pennington
Mr C Burns
Mr E Diamond
Mr B Thompson
Miss A Kendall
Dr D Cowell
Mrs C Knight
Canon L Hulme
Dr P Younts
ATTENDANCE AT ACADEMY COUNCIL MEETINGS